Two Masters by Research Scholarships are available in the Synthetic Physiology Laboratory at Flinders University. The laboratory applies bioengineering/synthetic biology to identify biotechnologically-valuable enzymes and membrane transporters.
Flinders University is a public research university in Adelaide, South Australia. Established in 1966, the university was named in honor of British navigator Matthew Flinders, who researched and surveyed the South Australian coastline in the early 19th century. The university is a verdant university and a member of the Innovative Research Universities (IRU) Group. As regards academics, the university pioneered a cross-disciplinary approach to education, and its faculties of medicine and the humanities have been rated among the nation’s top 10.
The 2021 Times Higher Education ranking of the world’s top universities rate Flinders University in the 251 – 300th bracket. Flinders University’s main campus is located in the Adelaide inner southern suburb of Bedford Park, about 12 km south of the Adelaide city center. However, the university has a presence in Victoria Square in the center of the city, and Tonsley.
Flinders University also maintains several external teaching facilities in regional South Australia, southwest Victoria, and the Northern Territory. As of 2020, international students made up 19.5% of the on-campus student population and several offshore programs are also offered, mainly in the Asia-Pacific region.
In addition, the university offers more than 160 undergraduate and postgraduate courses, as well as higher degree research supervision across all disciplines. Most courses use new information and communication technologies to increase face-to-face teaching and provide flexible options.
Furthermore, Flinders University has so many sports teams that compete in social and competitive competitions. The university currently has 22 affiliated sporting clubs, these clubs range from social-based to highly competitive sporting clubs which include: Aikido, Athletics, Badminton, Baseball, Basketball, Cricket, CrossFit, Football, Hockey, Kendo, Korfball, Lacrosse, Men’s Soccer, Muay Thai, Netball, Quidditch Squash, Ultimate Frisbee, Underwater, Volleyball, Wing Chun and Women’s Soccer.
Also, Flinders University students can go away to annual university game events and compete in a field of sports while representing the university.
Benefits of the Scholarship:
- The Masters by Research Scholarships can be completed in 1-2 years full-time or 2-4 years part-time, depending on entry qualifications.
- A stipend depending on entry qualifications can also be awarded to each successful applicants.
- A Research Training Program Fee Offset Scholarship will also be awarded to cover tuition fees for Australian citizens, New Zealand citizens, and permanent residents.
Eligibility for Masters by Research Scholarships:
- Candidates must be Australian citizens, or New Zealand citizens, or must have been granted permanent resident status to be qualified for Masters by Research Scholarships.
- You must meet admission requirements, which include an Australian Honors degree to be qualified for the scholarship.
- Scholars with a background in biology, physics, chemistry, or engineering are urged to apply.
How to Apply for Masters by Research Scholarships:
The application for the scholarships and admission to a Higher Degree by Research (HDR) are separate processes. Interested applicants should first send an expression of interest to Prof Harald Janovjak at [email protected]. Please state “EOI Masters by Research” in the subject of the email and please include the following:
- A cover letter that summarizes your research interests and your motivation for pursuing a higher research degree;
- A curriculum vitae that includes work and/or research experience;
- Copies of academic transcripts;
- Contact details of two references.
Applicants will be shortlisted as soon as applications are received. All successful candidates will ideally start by May 2022, subject to negotiation.
For further details, click here.
The Application Deadline for the Scholarship is May 31, 2022.
Leave a Reply